Chiropractic works for you, and it works WITH you.
First of all, it’s all about you and the fact that your body contains within a boundless intelligence.
Think about it: How does our body repair broken bones? How does our body fight off colds, infections and viruses? How do you think cuts heal? Where does consciousness come from? Why are there people who spontaneously recover from life threatening health conditions? How can you explain the miracle that is a single cell from a man and a woman each, resulting in a new human nine months later?
All these things happen because your body is innately intelligent. This means that the only thing that can really heal your body... is the body itself.
However, given the world we live in, we are confronted on all sides by things which interfere with this inborn ability to heal.
Here’s a list of the kind of things we mean. We’d welcome your feedback.
- In our lives, from the moment we are born, we are subjected to stress, which can be:
- Physical – i.e. trauma or too little activity
- Chemical – i.e. poor diet, alcohol, cigarettes, some medications
- Emotional – i.e. negative emotions, traumatic experiences. These are around us all the time
- This stress is all around us, and over time it manifests itself in causing the bones in your spine to lose movement and become misaligned. This is called a subluxation.
- Living inside your spine are major nerves (the spinal cord) which regulate every function of your body. This includes self-repair and healing.
- Once a bone is subluxated, it interferes with the ability of your nerves to control repair and healing, as well as every other function of every cell of your body.
- This sets the stage, for ill health, disease, injury and of course pain.
- Chiropractic adjustments restore movement in these subluxated bones, allowing the restoration of nerve function. This allows your body to regain its ability to heal and self-repair.
- This means that you can heal and recover to whatever level you are individually capable of. Results vary from person to person, depending upon whatever they have done with their health over the course of their lifetimes. Most people see good differences in their health with Chiropractic care.
- There are many things you can do to live as well and as long as possible:
- Eat properly, simply put - more fruit and veg, less processed food
- Adequate rest, in other words, as much good quality sleep as possible
- Moderate exercise. A great starting point is walking every day for at least 20 minutes
- Positive mental attitude
Having your spine checked for subluxations and adjusted when necessary is essential, unless you can avoid all stress. This will help you stay well and be less prone to illness, injury and pain.